CAMRA, The Campaign for Real Ale, is an independent consumer organisation. CAMRA's mission is to act as champion of the consumer in relation to the UK and European beer and drinks industry.
Formed in 1971, CAMRA now has over 145,000 members and is acknowledged as one of the most successful consumer groups in Europe.
CAMRA aims to:
- protect and improve consumer rights
- promote quality, choice and value for money
- support the public house as a focus of community life
- campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of our national heritage and culture
- seek improvements in all licensed premises and throughout the brewing industry
Other 'definitions' of CAMRA :- Wikipedia ; CAMRA