Links : WIGAN ... and proud of it !!
| Print |
Apart from the pubs and the beer, there's a lot happening in Wigan. To prove it, here are a few links to Wigan-related websites :-
- Wigan Archaeological Society - established in 1981, monthly to discuss topics of historical and archaeological interest
- Wigan Artists Network - a collective of local artists in the contemporary arts market.
- Wigan Athletic Football Club - still defying the pundits and playing football in the English Premier League
- Wigan Council - I suppose every town must have one - our local council
- Wigan Dialect - a collection of Lancashire dialect poems, phrases & sayings
- Wigan Directory - shops and business across the Wigan area
- Wigan Fairtrade - group aims to raise awareness of Fairtrade in the Wigan area
- Wigan Folk Club - very actice club that meets weekly in the Fox & Goose
- Wigan Golf Club - scenic golf course with clubhouse surrounded by a 12th century moat
- Wigan Jazz Club - the north of England's premier jazz club, one of the top 50 jazz venues in the UK
- Wigan Little Theatre - entertaining Wiganers since 1948
- Wigan Music Collective - dedicated to original live music in Wigan
- Wigan Parish Church - The Parish Church of All Saints, a town-centre landmark
- Wigan Phoenix Running Club - well established road running and cross-country club, formed in 1987
- Wigan Photographic Society - informal group of amateur photographers which meets weekly
- Wigan Ramblers - a friendly group of walkers. Why not join them on a hike ?
- Wigan Sailing Club - family friendly sailing club in the heart of Wigan
- Wigan Shades - a serious and hunourous website for Wiganers, home and away
- Wigan Swimming Club - founded in 1896, properly known as the Wigan Swimming, Water Polo and Life-saving Club
- Wigan Today - home of the Wigan Observer, Wigan Evening News and Wigan Reporter
- Wigan Town Centre - town centre shops & businesses
- Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club - world famous rugby league club. World champions on 3 occassions.
- Wigan Wheelers Cycling Club - friendly club catering for cycling enthisiasts, whether for pleasure or racing.
- Wigan World - information site for Wiganers and ex-pats. Lots of news, pictures, forums, etc.
- Grand Arcade - brand new shopping complex in centre of Wigan
- Haydock Park - racecourse on the outskirts of Wigan Borough
- Hindley Green Residents Association - working together to benefit the community.
- James Lawrence Isherwood - local artist, grossly underestimated
- DW Stadium - home of both Wigan Athletic and Wigan Warriors
- Uncle Joe's Mint Balls - boiled sweets from Wigan that 'keep you all aglow'
If you are aware of any Wigan-related website, not listed above, please let us know via